SO! What venues are currently on the list to visit (or have been seen)?
1) Bourne Mansion
This was the first place we looked at so our ratings might be a little skewed. But, this place was beautiful inside and definitely out. Unfortunately, because it's owned by St. Johns University, an outdoor wedding is not allowed which was a huge downside. Not to mention they said their max was 300 but when we took a look at the ballroom (which was set up for 175), we knew it would be cramped. The set up looked comfortable for 175 guests and you could squeeze probably up to 200 in there comfortably. But for 250 guests, they would open up these "windows" that would expose the terrace in the next room that could seat an extra 40 people. But seriously, a) who would I stick there without offending them and b) why would I want to sit some of my wedding in a different area?
Ratings: Peter 8/10 (based on looks) Laura 6.5/10
2) Carlyle on the Green
Their conservatory seems like it can hold up to 300 people and the outside grounds look nice. I have an appointment this upcoming Friday so let's see how this pans out!
3) [EDIT] The Carltun
I decided to take The Lighthouse off because it just won't be reasonable to have a wedding there. The Carltun has taken it's place!
4) The Woodlands at Woodbury
Many people compare this place to Carlyle on the Green. I heard that it's changed owners and many renovations have been done so it doesn't hurt to check it out!
5) Oheka Castle
This is my DREAM place! This was my original pick from 5 years ago! Despite my friend telling me that they "overcharge and complaints for the food come in, etc." I still want to see it. The grounds look beautiful and I have a feeling I'll fall in love with it when I see it.
So we'll have to see how it all turns out. If I can't find anything I like amongst those things, we go onto Round 2! I'll update what I find and what I like and we'll go from there. I'm hoping to find a place I really like by the 15th (since that's when mom leaves) and so I don't have to wait till the middle of August for her to come back since a lot of places book pretty quickly!
On another note...I need to start looking for a place to hold the engagement party! That'll be around September 6th which is Labor Day weekend. My family and I tried to avoid it but between my father's schedule and when my maid of honor could get off from work (which is difficult for the both of them), that just happened to be the date. But again...make do with what we've got! I hope to lose more weight by then! I really look forward to it!!!
For now, Peace.
<3
I LIKE THIS ALOT BETTER...MOSTLY THE FONT SIZE....
ReplyDeleteooh a blogger. makes life easier for me to keep track of you O_O jaykay.
ReplyDeleteare you going to post embarrassing pictures of your wedding party on theknot? please say no. well, at least not embarrassing ones. XD
And i can't help but ask.. msBIGgoogoo2u is Aunt Tak? Hahaha~