So, as some might have noticed, I took a month long break from wedding planning and anything wedding related. It was relaxing and nice to get away from it for the time being. But I'm back into it again and I'm diving right in! I'm loving it though. It's all coming together and it just makes me feel so good and like I'm accomplishing something. More so, I'm becoming more confident that this day is going to be freakin' fantastic.
Not just fantastic ladies and gentlemen. But freakin' fantastic.
To get back into the spirit, I made appointments with florists! I already went to one with my friend Courtney, which was just mind blowing. The sales person I spoke to was not only knowledgeable but was able to create beautiful arrangements for my bridesmaids, the centerpieces and flowers for everything else. I had an extremely vague idea of colors I wanted and she was able to somehow extract this fuzzy image in my mind and transform it into these outstanding mini arrangements she prepared for me on the spot. She literally went into her back room, pulled fresh flowers and showed me how different color combinations would work and other alternatives I might be interested in. "You could use this type of green or you could use that type of green." She didn't hold back in terms of giving me what I want while tactfully providing ideas and advice of her own in an unforceful way. Basically, she was tasteful and not your typical salesman.
My next appointment is on Nov. 8th so we'll see if that will go as well as the first one did. If it does...I'm not sure what I'll do.
BUT! Moving on. As a random note, I had this huge ass brainfart today. For some reason, I was having a very difficult time spelling the word "mannequin". Even though I previously knew it was a funky spelling with the letter "q", I still proceeded to type "Manican" (as much as it embarrasses me) and getting that little red squiggly line underneath. Obviously, I figured it out but I felt pretty dumb afterwords. Just one of those words that trip me up...just like the word conscience. Why prounounce that "Kon-shuh-ns" instead of "con-sci-ence". WHY?! Haha, oh well. At least I definitely know how to spell definitely. (That's my pet peeve word, I cringe when it see it spelled "definately" or definetly". At least you can derive that word from words such as "infinite" and "finite") . Or maybe I'm just crazy. Let's go with the latter.
Okay, so disregard that sidetrack. Peter and I picked out the invitations that we like best, we just have to discuss what color we want "this" and "that" to be so it fits with our color theme but is still legible. I'm working with mom on blocking some hotels so I think those will be ready real soon! And I'm also lending a small helping hand to Lee to find an appropriate place that reflects their personality and style for the rehearsal dinner. To top it all off, I have already decided what to get the bridesmaids, BWAHAHAHAH. I was originally was going to take them for a spa day in the morning of the rehearsal dinner day but I figured that not everyone can get that whole day off and be free in the morning and it got a little pricey to pay for 5 girls + me so I nixed that idea. I would still love to get my nails done with them though! Instead, I'm going to get them [censored]. Doesn't that sound great?! :) I THINK SO! Lastly, I've also looked into transportation (stretched Escalade?) though not thoroughly. They (The Knot) suggests you book your limo 4-6 months in advance so I'll probably wait till about March/April after Prom season dies down.
So on top of this, I have started the infamous Christmas shopping. I got a few Lego Advent Calendars to start the season off right. For most people, I've figured out what to get them and I'm just organizing (in an Excel spreadsheet of course), how much to spend and where to get said gift. Should be a good year!
Regardless of all this happy fun stuff happening, I really wish my headache would just...go away!
OH YEAH. I almost forgot. Our photographer for the wedding, Frank DiMeo will be doing an engagement shoot with us this Sunday, Nov. 1st in New York City. We will be shooting at The High Line as well as other whereabouts. This is an opportunity not only to get great photographs of our already lovely selves but also for all of us to get to know each other. Peter and I believe the more we get to know him, the more comfortable and natural we can be with him taking shots on the wedding day. I'm also confident that Frank will capture some great moments and photos of us that will "wow" us. But we will wait and see. I am soooo super excited. I don't even know what to wear! Peter and I will definitely have one outfit that will match our personalities...You'll just have to wait and see. :)
To end on a good note (though this was a good post in general, minus the headache), my workplace all chipped in to get Peter and I an engagement gift. Honestly, it's a gift for me because it was full of spatulas, rolling pins, muffin tins and a dessert recipe book from Williams Sonoma but don't you worry, Peter will be reaping all the benefits. He did get the ONE thing he put on the WS registry and it's this. Now, I just gotta make it. Maybe for his birthday :P
Stay awesome everyone!
<3
No comments:
Post a Comment