It hasn't been a ton of time since my last post but I figured, "why not?"
So, a lot has been going on and a lot has been going through my mind lately. It's been a kind of emotional week but you know, I don't mean that in a bad way. Emotional meaning extremely happy to missing people to sometimes being sad. But it's all good in it's own way. What makes life worth living is looking forward to each and every day, cherishing it for all the good it's brought.
I've been having a few dreams about my uncles lately. I simply just miss them. I really miss Dusty too. I was thinking of him as the pugs were happily sleeping in my lap last night. He was such a good dog. It also pains me to see my sister sad and to see my best friend down, but I know they're strong and I know they'll get through it. It's something I've always admired about them.
This past month, as happy as it's been, I've been having these headaches. I need to see a neurologist because my gyno said it's now become unrelated to my hormones. So, it looks like I need another appointment. I still wake up with a headache, but it's nothing major so I ignore it. I'm not feeling sick anymore; I think that's good.
Life has been happy though. I feel like this month, I've really been focusing on the good and making it worthwhile. I try not to let the little things bother me and let it 'roll off my shoulders' like beads of water. But because of that simple change of mindset, I feel I can tolerate complications that much better.
Peter and I have started to play the Wii Active as of yesterday! We were both sweating and even Peter said he got a decent workout! I'm not sure how much he likes it but when I saw him playing, it looked like he was more into it than I thought he would be. He burned 170 calories in just 30 minutes! For working out at home, that's not so bad. I burned I think 120 calories in about 30 minutes and then afterwards, I did my 100 crunches. Gotta work off that weight I gained during the holidays! I think if Peter keeps this up, he'll be back in shape in no time. I'm very proud of him. :)
Other than that, more wedding stuff! The invitation swatches I got, both Peter and I LOOOOOOVE THEM. They're just so beautiful, sturdy, and classy...so, pretty much our style. I made trial appointments with the hair stylist and make up artist for the beginning of March. I'm excited to see what they will come up with! I have many ideas in my mind, but I'll definitely be open to advice because I'm not quite sure what I want to go with 100%. The limousine appointment I had a couple weeks bad was a little aggravating. I didn't like the way the guy spoke to me and I certainly didn't like the way he treated me. I felt like I was a nuisance to him and he expected me to know every single detail of my wedding. Yes, I am organized and I have a general timeline of what's going on but I can't plan every single detail-it's my FIRST wedding. Whereas, he's supposedly done HUNDREDS of weddings. Well, if that's the case, shouldn't you be giving me ideas or suggestions rather than ragging on me for not knowing? I mean, honestly. Half of the appointment consisted of that, and the other half consisted of him bragging about his position in his life and career at a "young age of 26." It was purely irritating.
The bridesmaid dresses are beautiful and I really think the girls are gonna love them. I tried Michelle's on really quick just to make sure nothing needed to be done on all of them and it was just fine. The seamstress told me that it wouldn't look right if the tulle was taken out and the only reason it was fluffing out so far was because I was short and it was spreading out across the floor. No worries though, she said it in a more polite way. She's such a sweet lady! She agreed to tailor three of my girls for me starting in April.
MY dress is also amazing. It's so gorgeous and I had such a huge smile on my face when they showed it to me. I have my shoes already and they match PERFECTLY in my opinion. I just love it. I tried it one and it looks exquisite on me. I love the way it looks, I love the way it feels, and I love the way it fits. The dress fit like a glove. She said that the sizes run small and can be stretched out a little bit but good thing they come small because I lost 10 lbs since the last time I put the sample on and it still fit!!! If I keep the same shape as I am now (maybe lose some more fat and get a little more tone) I won't need ANY alterations to the body. I just need to take some off of the bottom but I expected that. Being 5'1" and wearing 4.5 inch heels still doesn't cut it, haha. But that means alterations are going to be a cinch and fairly inexpensive.
In addition to having such a good Saturday, my Sunday was absolutely wonderful. Peter drove me down to South Norwalk to look at some bridal jewelry (he wanted to buy me a bracelet as a present). So we looked at one bracelet and we just knew it was the one. He got it for me right on the spot! It's going to fit the outfit well and he really really likes it. I was smiling the whole way home and kept taking it out of it's box!
So now I got earrings and a bracelet. I just have to work on getting my necklace, a hair comb and my veil! Shouldn't be too hard...I have already all of those in mind!
I've also officially finished buying presents for my bridesmaids. A little early? Yes. But am I done? Yes. All I have to do is just put it together. I plan to give them a part of it early but I'll see what I end up deciding on. I'm pretty excited about it. "YAY" for success!!!!!!!!
One last wedding thing to end this post with. I FOUND THE GREATEST "SOUVENIR" to hand out after the ceremony!!!! I will not reveal it now, but you will have to wait and see what I have in store for my guests that attend the ceremony. I wonder how many people are going to be there. I need to make a poll. For my readers:
Do you think I should have a receiving line? Yes or no?
Keep in mind, wedding is in July, I am inviting over 300 guests, but a lot of them will be traveling. I'm caught between having a receiving line after the ceremony as a part of etiquette. But I'm afraid that this receiving line will take 1-2 hours to get through and then we have to do photos, etc. We also need to be out of the church by 4/4:30pm. So if we do a receiving line, that means an earlier ceremony which means waking up earlier to get hair and make up done, etc. We will be visiting every table at the reception...
YAY for posts close together!!!!
ReplyDeletereceiving line - if you're going to visit every table, then a receiving line is not necessary. . . .
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a long (but GREAT post)....NO bad comment...just ONE suggestion....POST MORE OFTEN!!!!! So, this way, my eyeballs won't hurt from reading the LONG post.....lol (remember, these are googoo eyes....)
ReplyDelete