Friday, January 29, 2010

I'm late, I'm late. For a very important date. No time to say hello. Goodbye. I'm late, I'm late, I'm late!

No, I'm not actually late but that Alice in Wonderland quote came to mind while I was thinking and planning the wedding schedule for that fateful Saturday (which by the way is now less than 6 months away-WHOOOOOOOO!). Now, now. You might be thinking I'm absolutely crazy, overly organized, TOO ahead of the game, and quite the abnormal bride...

And, you're absolutely right.

Michelle sent me this email for a wedding schedule from Wedding Chicks to help plan your day out and to pass along to appropriate people (ahem, wedding party) so they know where to be and when. You might think that I'm being too "Bridezilla-ish" by planning this out by the absolute minute...

And, you're right, once again.

But, you know what? I've thought about it countless times; I just think that having a schedule makes things seem a little more sane to me. Don't get your panties all in a bunch, I know that plans never going according to schedule. I've heard that plenty of times and I don't just believe it, I know it. But being born with my father's more than punctual habits combined with my mother's supreme organizational skills have deemed it necessary for me to plan my day by the hour, sometimes by the half hour. Besides, it can't hurt to move things along throughout the day by having a schedule handy, right? With all the variables Peter & I have to include for this super special day, I think if everyone has even a general schedule of when (and where) things are going to happen, it would be just a teensy weensy bit less stressful. And if it's not less stressful for you, then too bad because it is for me (granted people use these schedules). In addition to timing, these handy "guides" will have little notes. So for instance, the groomsmen will know when to get to the church and how the church needs to be prepared for guests arrive (i.e. ceremony programs, flowers, string quartet, etc.). Yes, I'm even crazier than you thought. *wink*

Planning out a wedding schedule isn't easy though. I can already tell that at least two of my bridesmaids will be waking up before the crack of dawn just to start getting ready with hair (any volunteers?). But, it's just one day and I think everyone can handle waking up really jaw-dropping early to help make my day special because they're all special to me, hence being a bridesmaid. I've heard no complaints (yet), though that might be because I haven't told anyone how early they have to wake up (*snicker snicker*).

Once I'm done with the timing of the schedule, I'll get a little creative. To make it easy to carry around, I'm going to print it onto little index cards (of some sorts) so that girls can carry it in their purses and guys can stuff, shove, fold and/or crumple it into their tuxedo pockets.

I'm outta time so I think that means I should end this post. Just thought I'd let everyone know how crazy I am! Good thing Peter already loves me. :D

<3

2 comments:

  1. i'll wake up early at the asscrack of dawn. i'm used to it. ;)
    is this going to be like meet the parents.. where everyone gets an itinerary for each hour of the day?? XD
    JINXY CAT JINXY CAT I LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA!!! It most probably will!

    ReplyDelete