Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Lady Luck is with me today

Just a very small update since today turned out to be a rather lucky day!

I'm buying my veil this week! I've sent pictures to the important people and they all agree that it's a beautiful veil and to get it. So I randomly call a retailer that carries the designer and ask her about the style, and if they have it in stock so I can come see it and putting in a custom order...

Custom order, you ask?

Well, the veil I like comes standard as a cathedral length veil. I don't want a veil that long so I have to make a 'custom' order to get it in the length I want it. Custom orders from this designer can take up to 14 weeks. 14 weeks is a LONG time. I figured today that I better order soon or I might not even get it in time. Then I was slightly bummed that I couldn't try it on with my first fitting of my wedding dress which will be in April.

So I'm chatting with the owner of the store and she was telling me how much she liked veils with the sort of detail I was looking for. She got curious and asked me to hold for a moment because she wanted to see what the veil looked like and went to check her stock. She comes back on the phone and goes, "WOW. This is beautiful!! I really love the veil. Girl, you have great taste."

Then she got really excited. She said "You WOULD NOT believe this." and I was like "Uhh...?" She continued to say "Guess what I have?" and I calmly said "the veil in finger tip length?". Then she bursts out and goes "I have the EXACT veil in fingertip length in perfect condition."

Oh, wait. It gets better...

Then she continues to say, "You know what's better? This week is veil sale week! So it's even on sale!"

WHOO. Did I hit the jackpot or what? The exact veil I want (in terms of color and threading), in the exact length I want WITH a 20% discount! I must say, that put me in a pretty good mood. So, this Thursday, I am going to stop by their shop to take a look at it to confirm the condition of the veil. I'm also going to see if they have a dress made by the same designer as my wedding dress just to make sure the colors match well. I'm so excited!! I really can't wait for Thursday to come now!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome!!! I had really bad luck with veils and ended up spending an arm and a leg to rush order a veil. . . very lucky to have the custom veil you want in stock, hope the condition and coloring is perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rush orders are really expensive...I really hope it's in good condition but she said it's not worn or anything! We shall see...Tomorrow is Thursday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today is Thursday! I hope it was everything you wanted in a veil!

    ReplyDelete