Yesterday (Feb. 22
nd) was Peter's 27
th birthday. We didn't throw a big party this year but instead kept it low-key just for the two of us. We both have been so busy and exhausted lately, this actually turned out to be a breath of fresh air. We fancied up and went to a nice Italian restaurant for his birthday. The food was good but the company was better. I was so happy to see him across from me, feeling so in love and knowing I married my best friend. Maybe we were feeling clingy because we had just spent 5 days apart from each other (I went on a business trip and then visited my parents). Even though 5 days is nothing in comparison to what we've endured, those 5 days were forever for us. It reminded us of our long distance relationship and how much we preferred to be at each other's sides. Not to say that I didn't enjoy time with my parents and he didn't enjoy bonding time with his video games, but we certainly did miss each other.
Even though it's his birthday season, Peter spoiled me. For Valentine's Day, he got me a whole bunch of Ralliart apparel (which is discontinued). I've been asking him for Ralliart merchandise for the longest time but I know it's expensive so I was super excited to see he got me a sweatshirt/track jacket and a Ralliart apron!! He also got me an awesome "The Spirit of Competition" decal for my car. In addition, when I came home from my trip, I noticed all of these pictures that I've been asking him to hang, were hung on the wall! Even the canvas print my parents gave us for Christmas was hung in our bedroom, it's so beautiful. What's a pleasant surprise. Everyone knows it's the small things in life that brings happiness.
He is my happiness.
No comments:
Post a Comment