So, I made Peter sit down last night and go over the guest list with me. Good thing too! We are inviting so many friends, none of which we had addresses for. So I made him message a ton of people on our car forum and on facebook. I did the same except through facebook and email. It was a pretty successful tactic because we got addresses for more than half of our friends list. Just 42 more to go and then that'll be another thing done. Phew.
Today during lunch, I might work on organizing a spreadsheet for photographers. it's going to be difficult though because they all offer different packages. My favorite is still Frank DiMeo after looking at about 30 different photographers and photography/videographer companies. Mom and dad might want a videographer there to take in the whole party. I personally don't want a videographer and peter brought up a good point with that. If we end up having way more people at our party than we expect, we're not going to have room for a videographer. There'll be at least one or two people taking video (so they can crop and edit them together later) and then for each videographer, you've got an assistant that's handling the mic or extra lighting. I would much rather have 2-3 photographers with 1-2 assistants and that's it. Besides...that's me cutting cost right there. If I can convince them out of the videographer, maybe they'll reconsider me having a string quartet.
That's another thing I've been researching my ass off on lately. String Quartets. They are so expensive, it's not even funny. About 5 out of 10 of them sound magnificent and really blew me off of my feet. Being a former violinist (haha, that makes it sound like I was good at playing the instrument-HAH), I really love the elegant sounds that strings can relay. Also, hearing a quartet playing Brandenburg Concerto No. 3 is so nostalgic and beautiful. Even a soloist would be great-though I would prefer a cello since that's my favorite string. There may not be room in the church for a quartet but I could always call and ask. Mitzi Sparks suggested I be friends with Calvary Lutheran Church on facebook and now that I am, Calvary actually recommended a string quartet for me since I was looking! It just makes me think it's still possible. I just have to find one with a more reasonable price without comprising the quality. I can hear when someone is flat or sharp so it means a lot. I've just always imagined myself walking down the aisle to a string quartet. While an organist is very traditional and it would sound nice regardless, I guess I've always dreamed my wedding with strings. I might not have been excellent with the violin but I did love playing it. I probably could've been better if I wasn't so lazy and practiced more, hah. If it meant that I'd pay for the string quartet, I would. But, I don't think mom and dad would let me do that even if I wanted to.
I certainly don't want to be a Bridezilla and stamp off with a temper tantrum because they are doing this for me and Peter. We're super thankful and can't be any more blessed. I don't want to sound spoiled either, but I guess when you have envisioned your wedding going a certain way in a certain place for so long, it's hard to let go of the details you held dear. I gave up my outdoor ceremony willingly, no problem; the church is still beautiful and it'll bring back memories and give us a lot of options. Besides, Westbury Manor couldn't do a ceremony on their site on Saturdays! So it was perfect. Even though my parents offered to pay, I still want part of it to be my wedding and a part of me. Maybe I'm just being too selfish. My mom is right, I will have a band playing at the wedding. But if I really want a string quartet and I want to pay for it, why not let me?
I guess that's just been my only hurdle lately-trying to get over it. I might need a different perspective so if anyone wants to shine some light on it, do so.
Yesterday, I realized that my cheap set of pots are rusting. Time to put some pots on the registry! Mom and I picked them up from Costco (Kirkland brand) and one of them has rust spots on the inside near where the lid sits. I don't mind though. I'll toss it because I'd rather not eat from a rust-ridden pot and I can put nicer stuff on the registry. It WAS the 4-quart, "perfect for every day use" pot though. Now I have to cook simple things in a really tiny pot or a huge ass pot, haha. Oh wells! Also, this is partially the reason why I put items on my registry which are more expensive than most would like to pay. I've been using these pots and pans for 7 months (granted I used the 4-quart the most), but I already have to ditch it. I want something to last me.
All-Clad Stainless Steel is expensive but I know it'll last. But, does anyone have any suggestions? I like cooking and I want to cook with good stuff!
Other than that, I'm excited because I've been keeping in touch with some of my overseas friends and they're so excited! They're going to try their best to come-they even saved the date! WOO!!
Well. That's all folks!!
Calphalon is great, that's what I have and the handles don't get hot. Plus the price isn't too bad. Mom picked them out for me.
ReplyDeletePerspective: unfortunately you can't always get what you want. I don't need to remind you that I'm not even having a wedding in August. Sure it's due to different circumstances but same message. Be thankful for what you have and remember we are in a recession that even affects mom and dad.
A photographer/videographer package usually has the best deals. Also when they all work together no one gets in the other's way. It wod probably be inky 5 people total (max) which is not bad. Besides why depend on friends for video when they should be having fun at the party?
All Clad makes the Emeril set that we had registered for at Bed Bath and Beyond and it's also a lower price (I can't remember how much lower, but lower; I think our 10 piece set was about $300, but I don't remember how much All Clad was). Also, I'm not 100% sure of the difference in material used. Boy LOVES the separate pot that we got as a wedding gift, but we have yet to get out the 10 piece set that we bought after the wedding.
ReplyDeleteI'm a Calphalon kinda gal, pricey, but definitely worth the monies. :)
ReplyDelete