So some things have happened since my last blog post-I hope you guys weren't too bored!
First. My parents are the best. Hands down.
II. I was home sick yesterday because I pushed myself too hard on Monday and my headache surpassed unbearable to crying and writhing in pain. But no worries! I am back in commission today with barely a headache. Yesterday was full of relaxing and healing. :)
C). A band has been booked! I'm pretty darn excited about it and I can't wait to start doing play lists, etc. Peter and I are going to have a hell of a time combining song lists from both sides of the family. His side is into the 30s and 40s whereas mine is into the 70s/80s and Motown. MOTOWN, FTMFW (for the mother freakin' win-Yes I realize how geeky/nerdy this makes me). I'm debating if I should say who the band is...Gotta keep a few things a secret so that my wedding isn't completely revealed! Not that it really matters. Yeah, it doesn't matter since there will be other surprises and no one really knows the band. The band is called Skyline from Skyline Orchestras.
iv. My bridesmaids are pretty freakin' awesome too. Betty, Deanna and Sammy have tried on numerous dresses. Those that have seen Sammy in a dress-keep it hush hush and to yourselves for now. Those that have not seen them, well, you'll just have to wait and come to the wedding. ;) I think we're all leaning towards one certain type of dress (including me) but we'll have to see what type of dress the bridesmaids will wear once my dress gets picked out. I will be visiting some boutiques next week to try on some more dress styles. I think I know the basic jist of what I'm going for but it doesn't hurt to try on more designs and styles. I need to remember to wear heels because I'm way too short. We will have all the bridesmaids try on the same dress in September-I can't wait!!
Five. Other miscellaneous stuff such as thank you cards and cute stamps have been personalized, bought and will soon be delivered. The registry lists were worked on some more and might go up fairly soon. I've been trying to add a cookware set but it's been difficult because the one I want from Macys, I can't add (because they're stupid and it's a limited time offer so they don't give you the option to add it). So I might need to purchase that myself. I might add one or two pieces that I would like and use often like a 2-quart and 4-quart pot!
Oh yeah, also talked to Travis yesterday about the service. Looks like we'll go over everything in September and we will probably have the premarital consultations starting in September. Since this is his first time, Peter and I will be his guinea pigs. See, Deanna? Travis is just using us for practice so yours will go perfectly. ;) Travis and I agreed, "You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours." haha, so it'll all work out.
Since my last post about weight, I've lost another two pounds-Yay! I might those back on though since my work out is on hiatus till next week (to give my head time to heal). But whatevs, I gots time!
I spoke to mom yesterday and she was a little sad that she couldn't go wedding dress shopping with me but we're going to go together in August-just her and I! We're going to go wedding dress shopping and chinese dress shopping and I think that'll be a lot of fun. So I have one more month to lose just a little bit more weight. I have no doubt that the chinese ladies making the chinese dress are going to call me fat but that's okay-at least I have some "assets"!!
Other than that, I think that's it. Engagement invitations should be going out soon once mom gets them. Then I need to organize engagement party favors and...argh, I keep forgetting, SAVE THE DATE MAGNETS. I gotta get on that like white on rice. Peter and I gotta get some pictures taken first (maybe he'll want to do that this weekend). It's going to take a little bit of time to order them...and I need to figure out what kind of color scheme I'm looking for.
Man, once I get all of my stuff done, I'm making Peter do everything else! He has to find tuxes (though not for a while) and dance lessons (that's not for a while either). We researched string quartets together and...I have to get him to look at some other photographers. Damn, that's another thing to do.
-----
On a separate note for my bridesmaids (especially those Lees), let's keep quiet about what we discussed in our most recent email. :) No need to be spreading anything unncessary!
I think that's all for now!
<3
The LEE's keeping hush-hush??? You're one of them - did you ever kept hush-hush about anything???? That's how GOOGOO knows EVERYTHING!!!!! hahahahaha
ReplyDeletebut. . . but. . . inquiring minds want to know!!!!! :*-(
ReplyDeletei'll tell you Christine, but it's going to cost you! haha
ReplyDelete