Monday, June 22, 2009

My first disappointment

You might say this is one of those moments where I realize that I'm NOT the "awesome-est" person in the world because these people didn't realize how friggin' awesome I am, but in any case...

My father and I booked a location for our reception (yet to be revealed) and things are coming together. Mom is contacting the church today and yesterday I contacted the band that I really liked. Code Bleu. I saw them perform at a bridal showcase with Michelle nearly a year ago. Michelle was able to book them and I KNEW they were going to be awesome and I made a mental note that I would like to book them when I got married.

But, to my disappointment, they are booked for that date. Booking this band a little more than a year in advance was just not early enough-and I knew that but I gave it a shot anyway. I knew how popular they were and I knew how quickly they booked. I felt kind of upset for about two minutes and moved on. Code Bleu is part of a larger company; Skyline Orchestras (http://www.skylineorchestras.com/), which has two other bands: Skyline and Rhapsody that are available on the evening of July 24th, 2010. So the owner, Sean, is sending me a DVD of the other two bands! He says that the DVD doesn't do them justice and I believe them because Code Bleu was just so outstanding in person. If Code Bleu was so superbly amazing in person, then these other two have to be as well since they're from the same company, right? Right. I have no doubt in my mind that I will not be disappointed!

So now I'm impatiently waiting for this DVD to come in and scared that these bands could book at any given time. It doesn't help that Saturday evenings in JULY are VERY popular. I guess that's just something you have to take as it goes. I'm being a worry wart. I should get an award for being the biggest worry wart. Peter's going to marry a worry wart-good luck to him!!

Other than that, Dad and I booked a place this weekend for the wedding AND engagement party (as I had previously mentioned). Two birds with one stone. I already emailed all of family requesting that they keep the engagement luncheon date available if possible or to let me know if they cannot attend. SOME engagement party details will be below. You'll have to wait for the formal invitation to get the rest of the details!

Engagement Luncheon
September 06, 2009
12:30-4:30pm
Roslyn, NY

Till all details are finalized, the wedding reception and ceremony will not be revealed quite yet! But I do have it ready to go on the wedding website. So once things ARE finalized, you can believe it'll be up immediately!

There are other things going on too...
-I'm starting to think about/look at registries
-I'm looking into hotels around the area now that the reception hall has been confirmed
-Finalizing guest list and getting addresses/phone numbers, etc.
-Researching photographers/videographers
-Researching florists

I know in the end this'll be TONS OF FUN and I'm going to enjoy it and remember it for the rest of my life. It's just a little stressful now but I'm sure every bride goes through it. Being a worry wart doesn't help but at least I'm surrounded by good friends and willing family that are always offering helping hands. There are some times I think about Dad's proposition...though never seriously, haha.

As Deanna says:
j0y1999 (3:04:16 PM): elope = no stress + Money from dad!

I mean...how could you go wrong with that?!?!?! Too bad I want to have the white dress (and red one for the matter), the fancy cake, and the dance party. So, no eloping for me! Besides, my future mother-in-law (I hate the negative sound of that since I actually love my future in-laws) wouldn't be too happy with that.

So. PAAAARY TIIIIME, Lee style. Oh yeah.

<3

3 comments:

  1. You wrote: You might say this is one of those moments where I realize that I'm NOT the "awesome-est" person in the world because these people didn't realize how friggin' awesome I am. Well, you might NOT be the "awesome-est" person to THOSE people. But LAURA LYNN LEE, you ARE the MOST "AWESOME-EST, EST, EST, etc..." person to the LEE, YUNG, and future Sohl families.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i feel like we've had a conversation about us being two awesome-est people. I believe the exact words were.. "yeah, we're pretty frickin' awesome."
    [edit: I spelt some words wrong so i had to delete the previous post. it was bugging the crap outta me.]

    ReplyDelete