Even though I'm always busy...
Peter and I took a couple weeks off from the wedding because we needed a break. So every night after work, we'd watch some anime, a movie, or just talk. We recently started building our Gundam model kits together. He's got a smaller kit than mine so he's got more done (and he's more experienced-I've built them before but he colors in parts and draws in panel lines. That's all new to me). I'm slowly working through mine and after they're done, we're going to display them on top of our TV! :) He even went on a walk with me the other day for about an hour! I was very surprised he wanted to go since he's usually so pooped after work. But we had a lot of fun talking, catching up and seeing the neighborhood. We would've brought the pugs along but they'd probably die after walking up that hill and we'd have to carry them. We were pretty tired ourselves. We're planning to walk more often. Maybe tomorrow...
But now it's back to being busy. We're going to look into a florist for the wedding. Even though I want to go with the local florist, we have to decide what we want first. And I don't know if our local florist will deliver that far. We will have to see. So for now, I'm looking into other florists as well to see what else they have and to get some ideas. It's helpful that one of my coworkers at work, her family used to own a flower shop so she knows all the types of flowers I'm looking at (and how to pronounce them) and they've done plenty of weddings so she has a lot of suggestions based on some pictures I've shown her. First things first though. Engagement party flowers.
So this Saturday, Peter and I will be trekking down to Long Island with our adorable pugs for a housewarming party on Saturday. We're only going to stay for a little bit since the dogs will be home alone and since we're going to be on the island, there are a lot of people who want to see us. So, we will have to divide up our time. Sunday, I will go to church to meet the new pastor and to just simply attend church. I think I'll feel more refreshed afterwards. Hopefully there's communion. While I'm there, I'll decide if there's room for a string quartet/trio since those usually book far in advance, though I'm not too worried.
Next week, I'm going to check out some more bridal shops near my work place. If they're nearby, that should work out well so I don't have to leave work early to get there before they close. My friend might accompany me just to keep me company and give me some advice (I really do like advice)! I would display some dresses here but then it wouldn't be a surprise when the day comes! Even though most of you will probably already know what it looks like...
In other wedding news, all party favors are in and they are adorable. Save the date magnets are ordered and should be shipped by July 31st (phew) and hopefully I'll get them the first/second week of August. I can't wait to see how they turned out!
And so here is my schedule as of yet:
[July 25] Housewarming Party on Long Island
[July 26] Church and Edwards Florist (local)
[August 1-3] Ocean City/Atlantic City, NJ
[August 8] Dyno Day at EFI Logics
[August 9] Bear Mountain Cruise
[August 14-16] I think I may be having guests
[August 22] MOMMY! & Dress shopping
[August 23] Dinner with the Sohls
[August 29-30] FINALLY FREE AT LAST. Will probably work out last minute details for engagement party and party favors, etc.
[September 4] Dress outing with Betties
[September 5] Meeting with bridesmaids
[September 6] Engagement Party
[September 12] Car maintenance appointment
I think that's it so far. I bet I have more stuff going on but I'm too lazy to go past the second weekend of September.
I can't wait till tonight though. Taylor burgers (YUM) and discussing with Peter how to entertain guests at the engagement party. Then we have to set up the Bear Mountain meet together and see what we can do. If we have time, I'm going to drag him to Michaels to get some ribbon and other crafty stuff! Sometime in August, I'm going to ask Barbara and Lee to come over for an "engagement party favor assembly dinner" haha! Or maybe all the bridesmaids can help after we've tried on/bought dresses on Sept. 5th!! We shall see how quickly time passes by and how much I haven't gotten done. Judging by how much of a worry wart I am, I think we'll be okay...
Other than all this wedding stuff, I really hate driving my commute. Not because people go slow (although that doesn't help) but I drive with true idiots on the road. An old man almost drove me off the road today because he couldn't stay in his lane. In addition to that, people who make right turns on reds when there is an overly obvious sign that says "NO TURN ON RED". I mean, come on. Or how about this: People who SIT in the left lane when they are not passing ANYONE and they are getting passed on the RIGHT. It's unsafe and I think that's ignorant. A Porsche this morning was sitting in the left lane going 60 (mind you speed limit is 65) and he wouldn't move over. A freakin' tractor trailer passed him on the right. And it's not like he was boxed in and couldn't move over. The road was so empty a chicken could have crossed the road unscathed. I don't honk my horn and I don't scream in my car (because no one can hear me and what's the point of that?). It's just frustrating. A frustrating hour commute to work and from work.
Also, to date, thank you everyone for your support. It's all very helpful and it's definitely made this all bearable! I really can't wait for the wedding. Tomorrow is the pre-anniversary date!! ONE MORE YEAR TO GO!! Whoop whoop!!
No comments:
Post a Comment