So, a lot has happened since I last wrote my post. I actually had to reread my last post to see where I left off.
So since then, I have checked out bridal shops, visited them with various people, including my mother and picked a dress. So, guess who has a wedding dress? It's absolutely gorgeous and everyone thought it looked best on me. It was a tough decision since about 95% of the dresses fit me perfectly. But I kept coming back to my first original choice! So all is set and all is good. I'm super super excited and I really can't wait for it to come in even though it'll take 6-7 months for it to come in. I almost want to go back to the shop to put it on again, hehehe. I'm also excited I can now cross one more thing off my list! Now...onto bridesmaid dresses, shoes, and accessories!
Picking out a dress was fun though and I was really glad to do it with mom. She seemed pretty excited even though it was a long day of driving everywhere. It's always good to see family. We had a lot of fun the next day shopping at Kohl's and then meeting Peter, his parents, and his sister and husband at a restaurant on Long Island. They invited us to test it out for the rehearsal dinner-the food was good and it seemed like a nice place. The service you could tell wasn't really up to par to the taste of the food. But the little village next to it has some really cute cow accessories for the kitchen. Peter got me some cow salt and pepper shakers and later on got me a cow sugar bowl. I'm already using it! Then we bought this rustic metal cow hook which we put our oven mitts on and a yellow and blue pitcher which is actually really beautiful regardless of the fact that it's Peter's favorite color combination. So all in all, it was a good day and he hit pretty minimal traffic on the way home!
The engagement party is coming up and I can't wait for that. Lee, Barbara, Jim and Ryan came over last Friday to sit down with me and help me put the engagement party favors together. They are sooo adorably cute. We had a good assembly line going and we got it done so quick! Lee & Jim stayed a little later to help Peter install some of my new furniture including a medicine cabinet in my main bathroom, my media center and my NEW LCD 46" SAMSUNG HDTV (1080p, 80,000:1 contrast ratio, 240Hz). It's magnificent looking. The TV is wonderful (of course, now I gotta change my service to HD service), and the wires are all now well hidden and organized.
I picked up a few more things while I was home which was nice. A big rug to put in the basement media room, mom bought me some new pillows because mine got lumpy :( and some new work clothes! Gotta love Kohl's.
Oh yeah...even though this'll make my post a little disorganized...apparently my body IS the perfect size 10 for a certain designer (I won't say who though because this is going to be a surprise). When they checked my measurements against their chart, I was right on target for the bust and waist area. My hips were one inch bigger but that doesn't matter since the dress flows out from there. So, I don't have to worry about my big Lee butt. So, essentially...I can't lose/gain much more weight. I might try to tone up a lot more but I need to stay the same relative size so that I won't need much alterations. If I change too drastically...the dress won't look right.
Which leads me to my next point. My work has established their own "Biggest Loser". It's good motivation since 3 of us in the office are exercising and watching what we're eating. We all decided to start this as motivation to keep us going since it's often easier to work out with someone than by yourself. I know that I had a hard time constantly pushing myself to the gym when everyone else was enjoying gourmet tasting meals (one of my coworker's husbands is a chef and often brings in food). So this is how it's set up. We have 5 people participating which is 80% of the office. We will be working off the 'honor system'. Every Friday, we weigh in (last Friday was the first Friday we weighed in) and we will log down each week, the percentage of weight we lost (or gained). If you lost weight (even if it's .2 pounds), then you don't have to chip into the pot. If you are the same weight as before, you chip in $2.00. If you GAIN weight, you chip in the $2.00 PLUS $1.00 for every pound you gained. It's not big money which makes it easier to participate but enough to motivate you. This game will continue for the next three months and at the end, whoever lost the most (percentage-wise), will get the pot! Probably enough to buy a new pair of pants or something :).
So far, I'm in the clear...Even after the damage this weekend, I still managed to lose half a pound. So as long as I keep that steady, I won't have to pay!
People are telling me they got their save the dates, left and right. I'm glad that people like them! My hand still has a cramp from writing out envelopes. My family and wedding party-they do not have their magnets yet. They will get theirs at the engagement party. Rufus and Betty do have theirs but that's because I made a mistake and I forgot I'd give one to them at the engagement party. But for all family members who are offended that they didn't get theirs yet, you'll just have to wait a little longer till I can personally give them out to you. I wanted to mail it everyone but mom thought it'd be nice to have out on the table and to give to families personally with your party favor. It'll work out either way!
That's good enough for now! Good update so far :)
Gotta do more research!
Till next time
<3
No comments:
Post a Comment