Friday, July 10, 2009

Soooo Exciiiiting!

Lots of things have happened in the small amount of time it has been.

So, to start off with something that has nothing to do with the wedding...I have bought some furniture from pottery barn! I got an entryway (which looks so beautiful) and a TV Media Stand. I haven't gotten the TV Media Stand yet but the entryway is up and installed! The cushion is actually really comfortable too. Now I have a place for dog leashes to go, shoes, jackets...IT'S WONDERFUL!!! I can't wait till the TV Media Stand to come in because it'll hold a lot of DVDs, it'll make it look beautiful and we can hide all of our consoles, stereo system, etc. So I'm pretty happy and excited about that.

On a different note, I need to give Momoko and Otto a bath but since Peter just put the tick and flea stuff on them, I'll wait till the end of the month.

Thank you cards came in-they look pretty. I like them and I got my address printed on the back of the envelopes (for returns just in case). I didn't want to use Peter's address because gifts, cards, or anything should be coming to my place which he'll eventually move into...

BUT, we have gotten three gifts so far! It's so thoughtful and I didn't think we'd be getting gifts this early on but more of a reason to start using thank you cards! I only have 40 special stamps so I gotta save those for the engagement party.

Since Peter and I went to NYC last weekend to take some pictures, we have to look through them today to pick out our favorite and then we can start making those save the date magnets. Hopefully we (and by 'we', I actually mean 'I') can get those done in time-it's taking me longer than expected and I've been pretty low on energy lately. On top of that, I think the photographer will be booked soon. I'm pretty sure I know who I'm going with. Gut instinct.

Yesterday, I tried on wedding dresses with Lee and Barbara at two bridal shops in Danbury. They were local, close and very convenient. The first shop was excellent. Clean and the lady assisting us was more than helpful. She knew what she was doing, wasn't pushy and had VERY good suggestions. We picked out about 5 different types/styles of dresses to try on and I'm pretty lucky because I seem to be the perfect size for the dresses (or the dresses are the perfect size for me) because all of them ('cept for those mermaid dresses) fit me perfectly. The only reason the mermaid dresses didn't fit was because my butt was too big and the zipper wouldn't get past my BIG LEE butt. Otherwise, I'm convinced they would've fit...but...yeah, I'm just thinking optimistically, HAH. The other dresses looked magnificent. Based on our selection and what type of dresses looked good, the lady helping us picked out two more dresses which looked gorgeous on me. So out of the 7 dresses I tried on, I had a top three (two of which the lady picked out!). Just to give a slight hint of style: They were strapless a-line dresses with cinching to one side and a chapel length train. One was a sweetheart a-line dress. I had some nice cleavage goin' on there. ;)

The other store didn't have as many styles that I was interested in. I did find one dress from there and the manager wasn't very happy we were slightly late but then towards the end, she was nice and helpful. Wasn't as exciting as the first store. I hope to hit another two soon (that carry this designer that I really like: Sophia Tolli) and see how that goes. Once I figure out which ones I like best, I'm going to revisit them with mom! And see what she thinks!! Hopefully, she'll like them. I think it'll be a good trip-just mom and I. :)

It kind of sucks not having her around because I know how excited she would be and I want to show her everything too. It can't be helped, obviously but I can't help thinking about that. I'm sure she wants to be around just as much as I would want her around. I'll see her in August though and I'm really looking forward to that.

Honestly, I kind of wish everyone was closer. But I guess that's how life is. It's unfortunate and sad that our family has really separated to different regions but at least we haven't really drifted apart. I want to go dress shopping with my best friend, my sister and my mom too. Not that I didn't have fun with Lee and Barbara (trust me, I had a lot of fun-I couldn't stop telling Peter how much fun I had and how I want to do it again). But, I sometimes think "When did all this happen? When did we all get so far away from each other." It happened over the course of time and I'm mostly to blame (for going to Boston and then to Ireland for a few years) but I think I miss spending nights home playing scrabble or just talking over dinner. I remember a time when I used to want to get out of the house! And now, I'm stuck at that moment where I want to stay home where family is and not go out. Hah, go figure.

Other than that, I think I'll be able to do laundry this weekend (FINALLY). I really can't wait till the first weekend in August. Ocean city-it's going to be so much fun. Spend some time on the beach, see Peter's mom's side of the family, which is always hilariously fun. Have some taylor burgers and MACK & MANCOS. Get some taffy! And some gelato. Walk the boardwalk, do some shopping, WHOO! Peter's great Uncle Dick and Aunt Rita are also taking the whole family out for an engagement dinner of sorts since they won't be able to make the one in September (and most of Lee's side won't be able to make it either). It's going to be so lovely. Unfortunately, I haven't seen my mom's side of the family for a while and my Uncle Marty is hosting a BBQ that weekend. :( I would've loved to go to that too because I'm not sure when I'd see them again. I haven't seen everyone in forever.

Which reminds me, my younger cousin is going to be a flower girl and I have to find her a dress. Hmm...

Well, that's all folks until I can think of something else to blah about.
<3


2 comments:

  1. you can bathe your dogs 48 hours after applying Frontline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know-looks like they're getting a bath on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete