It has it's ups and downs-hehe!
In any case, I just got excited and decided to write a short post (or at least what I think will be a short post-we'll see because I tend to go on about nothing. Such as now.)
BUT!!! My doorbell rang on Friday and I got some special mail! The stamps I ordered from Zazzle are HERE! And they're amazing and I love them a lot! They'll be perfect to put on the thank you notes and I just hope that I have enough of them. I only got around 40 thinking I would send a thank you card to each family. I think that should be more enough and for anyone that buys us a gift early (*coughLEEJIMBARBARARYANcough*) as well. I will start thank yous once I get the thank you cards in! I was thinking of asking Peter to write the ones to his family but we'll see. It's not his handwriting that's really the problem-it'll feel personal when they get it but...he'll want to write it as best as he could so it might take a while because he's going to try to do it slowly. Too cute! Maybe I'll just make him sign them... <_<; I wonder if he reads these blogs...
I can't waaaaaaaait-I hope people are able to come to the engagement party. It's going to be fun times! Speaking of which, I have posted up the registries on the website this weekend. Peter and I also decided on some dinnerware! FINALLY. We were disagreeing a lot and finally, we've agreed to combine dinnerware sets that we really like.
I also put up one photo album on the website because I'm tired of seeing an empty photo album page. But you've already seen all the photos-it's from our engagement day.
I'm going to be ordering engagement party favors soon which Lee will be writing our names onto. I haven't ordered them yet since Mom and I want to finalize a few details first. It's all coming together-just gotta make it happen.
I wonder if I should hand write the addresses on the thank you cards or just print them on some clear stickers...Hmmm...I think I might hand write them; there won't be that many. If some of your thank you cards come with messy handwriting, don't mind it!
As for pictures on the save the date magnets, I've been getting a lot of requests to put "THE engagement photo" on the magnet. While I do like that picture, I'm not sure I want it on the magnet but I will find a way to incorporate it, no worries...BWAHAHAHA. Peter and I did go to NYC on Saturday (I forced him to) to take some nicer pictures to put on the save the date magnets. Our friend took some pictures of us which turned out nice. I'm waiting to get those from him and then I can create the magnets and get them ordered! I want to make sure we get them in time for the engagement party, which is fast approaching.
I talked to Michelle over the weekend and she brought up a good point. I gotta think of some activities for the engagement party! Maybe Peter can offer some good insight to this. She's already given me so many AWESOME ideas which I'm really excited for! Excellent! Now i'm SUPER PUMPED. This is a good thing about wedding planning; when it's done. When things are planned, organized and ready to get rolling! You enjoy the day for what it is and I can't wait to do that with my close friends and family. These are all ups so far.
Downs? Well, I wouldn't necessarily call them downs but they're the less exciting parts of wedding planning. Like booking a photographer. I'm trying to do the research and I'm trying to compare pricing and seeing what kind of packages people offer. Peter and I may want a bridal album but we're not too fond of having a million frame portraits of us. So we need to find the right photographer, with the right package with the right price. And the only thing that's really bothering me at the moment is: I've got two photographers in mind. One of which is my favorite (www.frankdimeo.com) and another which is an actual company and not a one-man show (www.sherwoodtriart.com). I have pricing, packages and availability for Frank DiMeo but with Sherwood, I have to actually go in person and discuss packages, etc. That is all fine but I wish we could do it over the phone. Traveling to LI every weekend gets exhausting and it puts miles on my car like no other. Not that I wouldn't do it-I love visiting LI but this is the first weekend since Peter and I got engaged where I'm not on LI (I think) and I'm POOPED. Besides, I just don't have the time to do it. For the first time in a while, I had time to clean the house and I can see my dining room table again! I was still busy though so I didn't get to do laundry like I had planned. Looks like I'll have to do it today.
Other than that, something else came up that's really annoying me but I don't feel like posting. I just got into a really 'blah' mood. Time to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment