Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Two Thousand Ten.

So, I'm very excited for this year to come! Can anyone guess why? I was excited before but I think I'm even more excited. Peter and I are going to get married in less than 7 months. There are less than 200 days left. I really can't wait and I'm just so excited for it to happen!! Two Thousand Ten. This is going to be THE BEST year!

So other than that, Christmas has passed and so has New Years. I trust everyone had some wonderful (and safe) holidays? I, myself had a wonderful but tiring holiday. The best part was seeing family. That's probably the number one contributor to my holiday excitement during this time of year. Now that my family lives so far away, it's so nice to see them, relax with them, joke with them, etc. You get the jist.

I got some wonderful gifts this year!! I got an awesome DSLR camera from my parents. Not to mention a stand mixer from Peter's parents! And then one of the best gifts ever...these sweet looking COW MUGS from my fellow Dummy, Deanna. It consists of cow print and there are four udders which act as the base of the mug. Those very udders are equipped with little rubber feet so you can't bang your mug. Did I mention this mug is dishwasher AND microwave safe? Freakin' awesome. And it's large enough to hold any beverage that you please. I can rant and rave about how additionally sweet these mugs are but I think you all get the point.

Peter got me some very nice gifts this year that I'm so extremely excited about. He got me these beautiful Swarovski earrings to wear for the wedding. I put them on the other day just to admire them. They sparkle and it makes me happy because I know when he sees me walk down the aisle wearing them, it's going to make him happy. He also got me some super comfy slippers to walk around the house in as well as a Mitsubishi Evolution DVD and an awesome pair of boots that I wear all the time. They keep my legs warm!

So all in all, it's been a very happy holiday for me. Now I need some time to relax...to kick back and take a small break. I'll probably get a break near the end of January (if nothing pops up). For now, it's busy busy for me! I have a dentist appointment today, an orthodontist appointment on the 9th, general doctor's appointment on the 13th, a gyno appointment on the 14th, and an eye appointment on the 16th. Then there's a car dinner type meet that Peter wants to go to in Bethel on the 17th. In between all of those doctor appointments, I'm meeting up with a bunch of friends for lunch and dinner. And in between THAT, I'm planning some other details of the wedding. So yes, a lot to do with such little time but things will be fine. I get through it every year...why should this year be any different?

Speaking of the wedding, there's a lot going on with that as well! I have found a hair stylist and a make up artist that I want to use. I am going to go for a trial and if I am satisfied, I will book them for the wedding. I have some proofs and color swatches in the mail for the wedding invitations. I have a limousine appointment this Saturday (9th) in the afternoon and that's going to be pretty much set. I am going to look at the different types of cars there are and see how roomy each are. From that, I will let my parents know which one to book (they already have a service they'd like to use. They just want to know which cars we need). On top of that, bridesmaid dresses are in!! I'm super excited about that and I really can't wait to see them! I get to pick them up this weekend on Saturday (after my orthodontist appointment) and then I'm going to take them to a tailor that my good friend Courtney set me up with at 12pm. From there, I'm going to discuss with her taking some of the tulle out of the bottom depending on how it looks. I'll probably have to shimmy one of the dresses on but that's alright-I'll be so happy to see it! Speaking of which, I'm almost finished buying stuff for my bridesmaids and Peter and I will look later this month for some other accessories I'm going to wear during the wedding.

Oh yeah! Since then, I have also set up hotel blocks with my mom, booked a string quartet for the church ceremony, and got a florist booked for our date! The flowers are beautiful and I really can't wait to see them put together and arranged. WHEEEE, I'm just flowing with excitement! Peter and I also have our second pre-marital meeting this month with Travis. At that meeting, we'll be able to discuss the program and outline of the ceremony. From there, I can run with designing and outlining the ceremony programs.

Phew. I think that's it. There's probably more but I really can't remember, my mind is a jumble. That's probably a sign that I really should've written more blog posts so I can remember more of it.

So, to end on a positive note....New Years Resolutions!
1. Stay in Shape
2. SAVE MONEY
2a. Save money by eating out only twice a month
2b. No more buying lunch
3. To be more thankful for the things I DO have
4. Start going to church regularly.

I've already had a rough start on some of these (particularly 4) but...I'll get into it. :) Besides, if it doesn't work out this year, I'll let these roll over to the next year!!

P.S. I'm going to see a doctor because I really need to have a physical done (I haven't had one for about two years) and my back has been in pain ever since I got rear ended. So, when I go for my doctor's appointment next week on Wednesday, wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Read this post late, so too late to wish you luck bout the doc appt...and since you haven't posted on facebook, I know that everything went GREAT!!!!!! Also, true, SO TRUE, that you GOTTA WORK on number four (4)for your resolution!!!!!

    ReplyDelete