Friday, February 26, 2010

Gotta have more cowbell!...Or not..

More wedding related blog posts and planning.

Tuxedos are picked out and a group has been arranged. Another thing to check off the list. I'm going to check out postage this weekend as well as the flowergirl dress (provided the store is open). Now, I just have to plan all of the smaller things of the wedding like ceremony accessories, wedding favors, welcome bags, gifts for my lovely flowergirl and a bunch of other stuff.

Those "ceremony accessories" was what I was working on last night (along with finding a place that has ballroom dance lessons). You know how people typically use bubbles or wedding bells for after the ceremony? I wanted to be a little more unique but apparently, unique is costly. Honestly speaking, I was going to keep this a secret but since it's not happening, I might as well tell, right? I was going to have mini wedding cowbells at the wedding to ring after the ceremony and whenever. They're about 3 inches high and maybe 2 inches wide and they sound like real cowbells! I got some prices and some were just OUTRAGEOUS. One company gave a good price but the more I thought about it, the more I thought it was unreasonable to spend that amount of money on something that's considered a small detail in the wedding in the long run.

I brought up the idea and I'm the one that threw the idea out of the window. I asked for mom's opinion on whether it's worthwhile to get cow bells and she agreed that it wasn't worth it. As much as I would love cowbells, it really isn't worth it. Yeah, I'm a little bummed, but even I can't justify spending that amount of money on bells and I LOVE cows.

So some normal wedding bells, possibly bubbles and maybe some personalized ribbon is the way to go. More economical and definitely more affordable. Besides, I'd rather that amount of money go towards something more fun and useful, such as our band, our reception itself and the photographer. No sense in tying up funds in such a small detail of the wedding when there are going to be so many other things to outshine it!

I must admit it though, it definitely was a great idea. But even I know where to draw lines, even though most of you probably wouldn't agree because I fought tooth and nail for a string quartet (which if I may remind you, Peter and I are paying for).

In the end, it's for the better and I'm definitely okay with that. I'm sure Peter won't be that bummed when I break the news to him but onto better things!


I was supposed to have the buffet delivered today but due to 'inclement weather', it was not possible. Delivery was canceled and rescheduled for Tuesday afternoon, which I cannot do. For morning deliveries, I can work from home and then go into work late if it's between 8am-12pm. But if delivery is scheduled between 1pm-4pm, it makes it more difficult. I'm bummed about that because I couldn't wait to see it but I'd rather the delivery guy don't slip on my stairs and hurt themselves (and my buffet!!!). They said they can make my delivery the last one and more towards the end of the day and then call me an hour ahead. But what if the delivery is coming at 3pm? Then I gotta leave work at 2 and I'm missing a good 3 hours right there...probably not fair to my workplace. Maybe Peter can accept this one too but his boss wasn't too happy when he had to accept the sofa...so I don't know. We'll see. Might just have to postpone the delivery-I will sleep on it over the weekend and decide on Sunday.

Okay, that's it. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment