Well...nothing too new but I noticed I haven't updated the blog for nearly a month.
Yesterday, Peter and I celebrated the 4 months till our wedding with eclairs and cannolis. And today we're celebrating our last dating anniversary, but that makes it 6 years we've been together. I was actually looking through some old xanga posts yesterday from before Peter and I were dating. I love family and friends. They were really there for me when times were tough and when times got tougher. Such kind words, I was tearing up as I was rereading some of the posts and comments. I thought it was funny how Peter's posts transitioned...the past will stay in the past.
In any case, no plans tonight. Just a normal candlelit dinner, maybe some TV and playing "Where's Waldo" on his iPhone and DDR on mine.
Other things...hmm..I finally saw a neurologist for my migraines. She pretty much confirmed what I already knew and diagnosed me with migraines and gave me some prescription meds. I went through yet another MRI and an EEG. Both of which turned up normal. There was a "small, tiny tiny [spot]" on the MRI but she said not to worry about it. I say "spot" because she used an actual medical term and I have no idea what she said (she has a heavy asian accent and this was said over my answering machine). So, I'm fine but she said that's probably what's causing me to have constant tension headaches that can last anywhere from 1 day to 3 weeks. My last one lasted for 2 1/2 weeks...killer.
But all is well and I should be getting a prescription soon.
April is coming up soon and I'm so super excited about that. I can't wait to hang out with my girls and get a nice MASSAGE!!!! No day will be better than spending it with my girls (and moms), getting pampered and drinking beer! And then the bridal shower; I really can't wait to see everyone. I'm really thankful that people are taking the time and money to come visit and have a good time. Like I tell people, presents are a bonus but I'm looking more forward to connecting with family (and soon-to-be family) and friends.
Speaking of my wonderful bridal party...the last part of their gifts just came in!!! It's not entirely what I expected of it, but I still think they're pretty darn wonderful. So, bridal party gifts are finally complete.
Oh yeah, since my last post, make up and hair trials went great! It was pretty amazing seeing myself with actual eyebrows. My current eyebrows are so light, they pretty much don't exist. But, when they were filled, I felt amazing. My hair for the wedding is so classy. I love it!! It's going to be classy, elegant and timeless and something that I've never done before. I just need my hair to grow out a little bit more because it was too short. So, the make up artist and hair stylist have been booked! Another thing to check off the list!!
Mommy also bought a dress!!! I love her dress and I think it's very much her style. Now we need to just get grandma a dress and my tea ceremony dress. Those should be in April as well. I really can't believe how quickly time is flying.
Some more exciting news!! (I didn't realize how much exciting news I actually had) The invitations are finally done printing and they are shipped! I haven't received them yet, but soon enough! I should be mailing out invitations somewhat soon. Probably end of April/early May. Should be perfect timing. I'm not too worried about addressing them since they were purchased in February, I got FREE guest addressing so all of the envelopes are already addressed (unless I didn't have your address or something). That saves ME a ton of time. Now I'm just left with the smaller tasks like figuring out a wedding day schedule (I have a tentative one that I've been working on with a few people) and a Rehearsal Day To Do List (preparing favors, etc.). Peter and I already picked out our wedding bands; he's spoiling me, BWAHAHAH.
We also met Travis the other day for our second premarital meeting. I think our meetings are becoming more comfortable and this one was fun to discuss because it was about communication. I'm not saying Peter and I have great communication; in fact, I found out that I fight the wrong way but we live and we learn. I feel that we did already overcome such a big obstacle through long distance which made our communication face-to-face and in person that much more valuable and important. I think some couples overlook these things and then forget to cherish the small things in life. Being able to talk and hear Peter without the aid of technology and seeing his face in person means the world to me. I'm lucky to have him.
Can't wait for the wedding!
Dude ... I didn't have to have an MRI, I just told my GP that I had migraines and he wrote me prescription in a snap.
ReplyDeleteMan, wish it were as easy for me! Instead, I had to lay down, half naked while they took noisy pictures of my brain. Fun, fun!
ReplyDelete