Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Yay...for allergies...?

So the allergy season is upon us and I have already been bitten by three mosquitoes. Spring is here!

This week has been pretty hectic. Life is hectic! But, it's all good and I know after this long hard week will be a great reward. I've been really looking forward to the Bachelorette Party and Bridal Shower for quite some time now. I just can't believe it's right around the corner! I'm just excited to see my family, to hang out with them, have some good times and to down a few tasty cold beers!! I'm really in need for a massage too. I have all of the gifts set up and ready to go! I thought of one more thing to buy but I don't know if I'll have time to pick it up. I might but I'm pretty darn busy. Tuesday, I went to Yoga. Wednesday, Peter and I have dance lessons. Thursday, I've got to pick up the dyed shoes and pack for the whole week. Then Friday, I am heading down to Long Island! Busy, busy!!

It'll be the first time I'm driving a manual such a long distance so I'm a little nervous but I think I should be okay. I just hope I don't hit any traffic. I drove the wagon today for practice and because it's so beautiful outside (and warm for that matter) and my car still has it's winter tires on. I don't really want to burn through my winters that quickly so I opted for the wagon which already has it's pretty OZ summers on. Mmmm, I forgot how beautiful those wheels are. I've been doing pretty well with the manual. I'm learning but getting better. Hill starts are still a little difficult for me but since the e-brake actually works in this car, I call on the help of the e-brake until I can comfortably start in 1st on a hill. Driving the wagon makes me love the rumble of the boxer engine even more.

I just went to the neurologist to get a prescription for Treximet (<3) and to get a more detailed diagnosis of my brain (since I didn't understand my doctor on the phone). Even though I've traveled to so many countries, I still cannot grasp accents very well. In fact, I suck at it. My doctor kept talking about wanes (veins) , and anolmalities (abnormalities) and it just really didn't click for me. I had her repeat it and then I got it. Turns out, my test is negative (I'm perfectly fine). All they found was "A small developmental venous anomaly in the right frontal lobe." What does that mean? According to this website (http://www.brain-aneurysm.com/dva.html), it is basically an extreme variation of veins draining normal brain tissue in that region; extreme variations of normal venous drainage. Something that I'm born with and is not hereditary. Wish I could put the pictures of my brain up; they're pretty cool looking. She is concerned with the frequency I get normal headaches (not migraines) and scheduled a follow up visit in 4 months to see how I'm doing. If the headaches persist, she might put me on a daily medication. It would be great if I wasn't, but I'd rather be on a daily medication than to get a headache 5 times a week. So, any wedding stuff? Why yes, there is always wedding things to mention. Invitations are IN! They are SO beautiful. Never in my life did I really enjoy assembling and stuffing envelopes (no offense, Mom). I assembled around 160 of them and every time I picked the next one up, I loved it even more. I finished assembling them and realized a couple days later that I forgot to put in the direction cards (mostly because I didn't have them with me and I was being anxious in wanting to assemble these). So I had to take each invitation out of it's outer envelope and inner envelope, stuff the direction card in, stuff it into the inner and then the outer and apply appropriate postage. Phew. Doesn't matter though, I still love them the same. They will be going out sometime in April so people have time to make appropriate travel plans (especially since a lot of people need to make flight and hotel reservations). Peter and I have also been taking dance lessons. He dreads going every time and then when we get there and get started, he's giggling like a school girl and having a grand 'ol time. We are learning to fox trot to our first dance. It's going to be a doozy!! I hope we look good...but even if we don't, I know we'll be having fun and that's all that matters! :) Tonight will be our third lesson...I hope we learn a lot! Time to go! <3

P.S. I KNEW I was spelling something wrong. Talk about brain fart.

No comments:

Post a Comment