Friday, April 30, 2010

Happiness is a Journey...

There have been some things lately that have been bothering me. And though people tell me to ignore and not take it personally, I still can't ignore the fact that it hurts.

But even when I'm feeling down, I always recall this quote from Alfred D'Souza:

For a long time it seemed to me that life was about to begin -- real life.
But there was always some obstacle in the way, something to be gotten through first,
some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid.
At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life.
This perspective has helped me to see there is no way to happiness.
Happiness is the way.
So treasure every moment you have and remember that time waits for no one.
Happiness is a journey, not a destination.


Dance as though no one is watching you.
Love as though you have never been hurt before.
Sing as though no one can hear you.
Live as though heaven is on earth.

Yup, so happiness is the way and it's the journey you take. Happiness is what you make of things. You can't always wait for happiness to come to you, sometimes you need to pursue it. You have to want it and you need to welcome it. Embrace happiness.

So, I won't let the little things bother me. If people don't want to be happy for me, then so be it. I'm not going to wait around for people to be happy with me or for me. Because, regardless of how people feel about me and my situation, I'm happy for myself and with my life.

I am truly grateful to those who give me strength, support and encouragement. You know who you are.


Time to go be happy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment