Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Question of the Month

So, the question of the month seems to be: Are you ready?
Usually followed by: Knowing you, you probably have all of your ducks in a row.

And that is the correct answer! I most certainly do have them all in a perfect row, evenly spaced apart, marching to the beat of my drum. Am I really that obsessively organized? I would say so. Don't worry though, I double and even triple-checked with Peter yesterday that he still wants to marry me knowing how crazy and insane I am when it comes to being prepared and organized.

Growing up my dad used to tell my siblings and I what his father told him, "She's going to look like her mother!" (in reference to dad marrying mom) and he accepted that wholeheartedly. I told Peter something similar the other day...except I said "Y'know...I'm probably not going to be much like my mom as we get older, but I'm going to be EXACTLY like my dad. Are you prepared for that insanity?" He chuckled, thought about it for a split second, laughed some more and accepted me wholeheartedly. He already knew who I was going to be like and is ready to take on the challenge. That made me feel really good. Well...I'm glad that's he's ready to take on someone that is always worrying, anal retentive, hot-headed and can't sit still for a single minute. Good thing I'm super cute! :) As a note: my mom laughed at the thought, completely.

So, the wedding is 17 days away. That's not very far away at all and I'm pretty darn excited. Peter is excited too, though he doesn't use as much expression as I do (not a lot of people do, for that matter...minus his mom but that's why we're so great). Everything is moving along pretty smoothly, I must say. So, all of that planning ahead of time that people were saying "you're rushing" and "isn't it a little early?" paid off. Because, I'm part of that 1% of brides not ripping their hair out going "ZOOOOMGGGG, EVERYTHING IS WRONG AND I HAVE SO MUCH TO DO AND I'M GOING TO EXPLODE *combust*"

Partial List:
-Place cards are ordered and in production (therefore table assignments are done)
-Table number cards are done and ready for print
-Ceremony programs are done and ready for print
-Welcome bag programs are done and ready for print
-Wedding schedule is somewhat finalized and distributed to appropriate party (who probably think I'm crazy now)
-Favors are scheduled to be done this weekend
-Church bell favors are scheduled to be done this weekend
-Flower Girl dress is FINALLY in; to be picked up tomorrow and delivered to my lovely flower girl (along with the gift I got her).
-Oh, and one of the most exciting things...I have figured out what to do with the Grooms Cake. I had an amazing idea (at least I think so) and it is now ordered and all set to go! I am so excited for this....mostly because I want to eat a piece of it A-S-A-P!! But, I also think Peter will love it. He said to me yesterday "Will I think it's amazing and awesome?" to which I replied "Is there anything I do that ISN'T amazing and awesome?" He agreed.

Not to be Miss Perfect here though, I must admit, I was feeling a little stressed two weeks ago, but that was entirely work-related. There's so much I need to get done at WORK before I get married and leave for a week and a half. It's hard to get work done though when you're waiting on other people to get you the rest of the pieces to finish your task. How am I supposed to build a castle if the mortar and stones have not been delivered yet?

In any case...new topic. I just found out (and so did Michelle, apparently) that Michelle can't visit me. :( It's super sad sauce and we both R SAD. But, I guess this means that she'll either have to come visit again or I'll have to host a family event at some point! We'll see which comes first. :) I just can't wait to see family and friends.

On a final note: I hope dad's been practicing his dance moves because have a dance lesson this Saturday and I will be wearing my heels!! This is going to be a lot of fun :D

Okay...Time to peace out!
<3
/end mindless rant

No comments:

Post a Comment