So, life is as dynamic as ever. One of the best changes that has happened recently is the fact that Peter and I will be not only great cousins to Baby Yee but an Aunt & Uncle to "Lil' bunny foo foo" aka, Baby Carr! Sometimes when there are things in life that you feel are discouraging, you have to remember the blessings you do have in life. We certainly are blessed and can't wait! We're probably going to go on a shopping spree soon. Barbara & Ryan got the Pottery Barn Kids catalog and showed Peter the Star Wars section. Now he's trying to convince me to get the X-wing & TIE fighter quilted blanket. I wouldn't be surprised if he tried to get the sheets too. I thought because they're advertised in the KIDS PB Catalog, there wouldn't be a Queen sized blanket. Lo and behold, there is a Queen sized version. Oh yes, the sheets come in Queen size too. I asked myself, "Why would a child need a queen sized bed? Why?! Oh, right. My husband's inner-child." I love him to bits though, so...maybe this would be a good Christmas present as long as it never leaves the bedroom into public view.
On a different note; Laura has a new job. May 2nd (yaya for Mish's B-Day) is my first day for my new job with new beginnings and a new career. This position is considered entry-level marketing (official title: Marketing Analyst) but they expect me to catch on quickly and move up quickly. They pretty much told me they would be surprised if I didn't excel and create my own customer database by six months and didn't receive a promotion within a year. So, I have very high expectations set for me but I'm definitely up to the challenge. This company is closer to home which means less money spent on gas as well as wear & tear on the car. My salary is higher than my current position, not to mention, they offer better and more benefits than I currently have (such as Dental, yaya!). Minus all of the materialistic benefits, this will be a new position in which I can grow and expand my skills. I'm looking forward to the challenge. In fact, bring it on! Peter and I are so ecstatic about this new job. He's very happy for me which in turn, makes me happy. Win!
Due to the new job, Peter and I have decided to postpone our honeymoon to Japan. We were devastated for Japan when the earthquake & tsunami two-teamed the country. We were optimistic that things would get under control by the time we would visit, however, they have and still are enduring aftershocks and radiation problems. We were seriously bummed about having to cancel the trip and kept reminding ourselves that in retrospect, we were actually very lucky we weren't visiting Japan when it hit. Not to mention, obviously some people have it worse off than us (ahem, namely the Japanese), but, it was still a bummer because we had invested an immense amount of time into planning, researching and booking our dream honeymoon/trip. I never mentioned to people how upset I truly was because I just felt so bad for Japan and kept telling myself that I'm lucky. It wasn't until a friend asked me, "I know you're worried for the people of Japan and all of the horrors they faced, but I have to imagine you're pretty devastated yourself." And, it was true. I was, but I couldn't admit it. There are individuals facing problems and issues far worse than my own, but she reminded me that I shouldn't feel guilty about being upset. Peter and I did spend a lot of time on the trip, we saved money for it and we were pretty much all set to go. Our dream honeymoon will just have to wait another year. No, we are not planning on going somewhere else (especially since our hearts were set on this trip), so we're going to be patient. Getting my new job solidified our decision to cancel the trip.
To replace Japan, we've decided to go to Otakon 2011 in July. It's perfect timing because it's literally the week after our 1-year anniversary!! Besides, we have to get our dose of geek somehow. We are also going to Las Vegas the last week of April, just before I start my new position. It's a chance to see my parents for a short time because I won't have much time off from now till May 2012 and I need to start re-saving my vacation days for our Honeymoon v.2.5 (Our week in Ocean City, NJ was Honeymoon v.1.0, and our first trip to Japan was Honeymoon v.2.0). Our last trip (unless we take one more weekend trip) will be a trip with Peter and his co-workers (although, they're definitely more like friends than just co-workers) to Baltimore, MD for the Grand Prix. So, while Japan isn't in the plans, I'm looking forward to the rest of the year.
I really do think this new job has started a new chapter in my life. Despite what life would like to throw at me, overall, I am in a good place. I just need to see the good, weed out the bad and move on.
Toot Toot.
No comments:
Post a Comment