On Saturday, I made a huge pot (10 cups of rice worth) of fried rice. Then I went up towards Lime Rock to volunteer for the day! I stopped in Kent real quick to have brunch with my lovely mother in law which was fun. It's always fun to hang out with her. Then proceeded to race up to Lime Rock where I sold programs for the Le Mans Northeast Grand Prix. Because of where I was located, I actually got to watch a lot of the racing. It was just magnificent. When the cars were started up and roaring down the straightaway, it really made my car sound like a wimp. I was rooting for the Muscle Milk Aston Martin Prototype Lite. Can you tell why?

I was also rooting for the M3s out there, they were just beautiful. Everything roared so beautifully, it was a fun race to watch! Walking around in the pit area was pretty awesome as well. My friend Bob attended the race (his work place gave him free tickets!) and we walked around the pit area. Some of the set ups were very impressive. Work stations were SO awesome (we both were dreaming about having some of these set ups in our garage). Jaguar had a restaurant set up even! Ferrari had some Ferrari Vespas that were pretty sick looking. If I were to ever ride in a Vespa, I would make sure it's a Ferrari Vespa. It was a fun day to walk around and even better since I was volunteering for such a good cause. I even bumped into a friend/customer from EFI Logics and we got chatting. Overall an exhausting but good day. It was hella hot! I did get a little burned but it was well worth it. My knee was swollen from walking around all day as well but I guess that was worth it too. :D Nothing an ice pack can't fix. I probably will see an orthopedic soon though just to make sure nothing is wrong...
After that, Peter and I went back up to Kent to have brunch with his mom again on Sunday. We did some errands, came home and while Peter watched some movies, I got working on the baby blanket. Lots of progress so far but it's going to be tough finishing it by Thursday. I still have two more squares to make, then I have to sew the strips together (I already sewed squares together to make strips) and then make a border.
Should be good though! :) I'm really looking forward to the finished product :D
Good weekend in a nutshell. Can't WAIT for the baby shower - I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment