Monday, July 25, 2011

First.

Happy First Anniversary to my wonderful husband. This blog post is dedicated to him and our fabulous first year of marriage.

This year was a year of firsts.
Our first year as husband and wife.
Using the words “husband” and “wife.”
Signing my name as Laura Sohl.
Being called Mr. and Mrs. Peter Sohl.
New discoveries about each other.
Growing together.
Aligning our future and goals.
And being proud that I’ve married my best friend.

It was so pleasant receiving cards this weekend that said “Mr. and Mrs. Peter Sohl.” This was a year of new beginnings, new goals, growing together and loving each other more than we could possibly imagine. It was definitely a year to be thankful for.

Setting aside the rose colored glasses, settling into married life is definitely different from my perspective. Some people don’t feel or notice changes. I don’t think we’ve changed as individuals but our relationship has changed. Not just our status or my last name but our relationship has taken a step onto a new path that we now travel together. I’m enjoying traveling this path with him. Through ups and downs, Peter has been nothing but a rock for me to lean on. This year was tough in many different ways and I honestly don’t know if I could have done it without him. Even when I’m upset, he’s always there – he never leaves. I’m very blessed.

As of today, we have been together for 7 years and 4 months, exactly. This past year was so different from the previous six. Like any typical couple, we had our laughs, our tears, our arguments and our agreements. But, looking back, it’s amazing to see how much we’ve grown and how we’ve grown. Our view on life has probably changed but I feel that we view life differently mostly because we view life together. I’ve adapted a little bit of Peter’s patience. I am a true Lee so I really do mean “a little bit.”

All in all, I don’t think I could ever be happier and I really don’t think anyone could make me happier. He’s a diamond in the rough and he’s all mine. Good thing he’s a diamond, because I really like shiny things.

For our anniversary, Peter brought me to the Woodbury Commons Premium Outlets. I purchase some jeans that he thinks makes me look hot (I got to look good for my man!) as well as some insanely comfortable sandals to wear around the house. I’ve worn them for one day and they have been nothing but comfort for my joints. I wish I could wear them all the time. He also got me this beautiful jewelry armoire from Pottery Barn that I’ve been wanting as well as a beautiful blue orchid plant for my office. I am truly spoiled and loving every bit of it!!


So, the goal for this year is to really get settled into a routine and to start planning our honeymoon…again! We really look forward to growing together and loving each other more than the previous year.

And for the record, babies are not in the near future. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment