Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Are we there yet?

So, MOAR UPDATES.

Since my sister has gotten engaged, I’ve just been so excited to do things in preparation for her wedding. I instantly started helping research venues and dresses along with asking a million questions. I’ve already taken a good look over her wedding registry about 50 times and when I have a bit of extra cash, I want to pick them up an engagement present as well as a housewarming gift in one. The move + engagement + wedding planning has been stressful for Michelle lately. Not because she doesn’t want to do it or isn’t excited to do it but mostly because of complications all happening at the same time. Funny how life has a way of always forcing you to deal with the complications of life in bulk. So, I want to help in any way that I can! There have been other discussions that are wedding related going on (HO HO HO), but more on that in a later post. I honestly can't wait for the wedding. Is it here yet?!?! How about now??

I guess for now, I will continue to be SO SO SO super excited because I just got time off approved for Thanksgiving. So, Peter and I will be able to see Michelle & Kristopher’s new house in November! It’s going to be good times and I’m prepared to cook up a storm! I can’t wait to see family again.

In more recent news, baby Hannah got baptized this past Sunday. She is such a wonderful baby and not fussy in the least. Michelle came up to witness the baptism and see baby Hannah! In doing so, she actually got to see our humble abode!!! I was so excited to have her over, I ended up inviting a bunch of people and cooking a feast. Grandma got to see the house as well to which she said was “beautiful!” I’m sure she said more about it but I obviously have a lack of understanding.

Moving on, it was nice to see my siblings. The short time I had with them was so much fun and it makes me miss the times we used to all come home from college or wherever and sit around the dinner table with our parents talking about anything and everything. After everyone left dinner on Saturday, it was nice just to catch up with Michelle and talk about what’s been going on in our lives. I feel so much closer to my sister than I used to be and I’m loving it! Something to definitely treasure. :)

Also saw half of the Lee family this past weekend. Shout out to Aunt Tak, Deanna, Sammy Wammy, Louis and of course Grandma. My in laws also got a chance to bond with them as they came for dinner on Saturday as well. I thought that they would like to see Michelle and congratulate her on her new house and engagement! Besides, they’re always up for a party!

Short of that, it’s been nothing but busy town for me. I have more plans in the works and I’m booked through September. I’m also still working my second job for Peter’s company setting up their “End of Summer Bash” which hasn’t technically been announced yet (I’m being a bad marketer by announcing it unofficially and too early) but once that’s done, maybe I’ll get some free nights back. For now, it’s making ads, banners, planning logistics, speaking to vendors, setting up spaces, discussing prices and organizing every little detail down to food and raffles. It’s a good thing I like these guys. :P

Speaking of liking the guys at EFI…a bunch of us are going down to Baltimore soon for the Grand Prix. Peter and I are so super excited, I’ll be surprised if we don’t pee our pants out of excitement during the drive down to Baltimore! While we were down there for Otakon this past July, we noticed they were setting up to shut down the streets for the Grand Prix. It’s going to be PACKED. Hopefully it won’t rain but at the same time, I hope it’s not ridiculously humid either.

Other than that, Peter and I have been working hard and playing hard. I think we do have a free weekend coming up so we’re really looking forward to it. Since January, Peter and I have only had four free weekends including this upcoming one (of course, his weekend starts after he finishes work on Saturday). And by free, I mean no plans, no errands, nothing to do and no one to see. These weekends, we sit on the couch in our pajamas watching movies/anime/series all day and all night long. The only time we leave the house is to take the dogs out or maybe go on a walk together. But, this is why we always value our time together. Honestly though, it’s not like we don’t enjoy hanging out with family and friends. Just as long as we get time to ourselves once in a while, to sit back and truly relax, we’re okay with being busy. I partially blame the hobbies we’re involved with, which I totally blame Peter for because he’s the reason I'm so involved in my hobbies. I’ve been a fan of cars, yes; a fan of gundams and anime in general, yes; but Peter has made me an intense hobbyist. Now, I have my own car to mod and maintain and we make deals of who gets what Gundam (he may get Unicorn Gundam but I get Sinanju <3 Char) amongst other things. However, I can’t blame Peter for my yarn-related hobbies. I have my mother and my sister to blame for that. So many hobbies, so little time.

Last but not least, my work life. Work life has been fantastic so far. I truly enjoy being busy and busy I am. I now have responsibility of my own territory (Mid-Atlantic: NC, SC, DE, MD, VA and Central: TX). It's been going well so far and everyone likes me so it's been wonderful. It's still a learning process but I look forward to what's more to come!

As far as I know, those are the general updates in life. There’s more going on in my life than I care to share right now but I’m sure it’ll be shared in the near future.

Time for my walk with Peter (I've been looking forward to this all day), maybe some anime, maybe some amigurumi stuff, maybe some baby blanket stuff and/or maybe some Gundam building stuff. HOBBIES!


How about now? Wedding time?

2 comments:

  1. gosh when will it get here!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you too and I'm also so happy with how much closer we've grown while we're apart. I guess that's just the type of siblings we are! I can't wait to see you in November and I can't wait for you to see the house and meet so many people down here! Love you!

    ReplyDelete