Wednesday, August 10, 2011

THE Pet Rock.

So! I got the best news last night in a long time.

MY SISTER IS ENGAGED! Engaged to someone who treats her well, is a total geek (which is a plus in our family), and loves her for who she is, inside and out. He’s a very lucky guy and I know he realizes that.

I’m so happy for the both of them. It really just completely made my day. Made my month!! Now to just bombard her with questions!

I’m just so excited to see her engaged, to see her truly happy and to know she will be well taken care of. I am being patient asking for details until she gets here!! It’s too bad she couldn’t see my “Insanely happy jump for joy dance.” I must say, it was pretty epic! The second I read her text, I let out a “WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO” to which Peter instantly recognized as “Oh, Michelle must be engaged!”

As for a quick update, the month of July was busy but the month of August should be busier. Peter and I went to Otakon a couple weekends ago. It was as epic as we remember and as smelly as we remember. In all honesty, the convention was well air conditioned and therefore plenty cold. However, Peter and I got stuck in a hotel room with no air conditioning (mind you, temps were in the 100s & 90s) but we survived. Other than that, we went to a bunch of panels, spent some money in the dealers room and made the trek back to CT in a car without A/C. We met up with our friend Sandra a couple times for some panels and dinner. Peter and I really enjoyed going around the convention together. There was no shortage on costumes!

As for the rest of August, I made the trek down to PA for my sister-in-law’s baby shower hosted by her mother-in-law. I went with my mother-in-law (who drove, thank you!) and Barbara’s good friend Shannah who’s always a lot of fun. The baby shower was nice and we got to meet a lot of nice people.

The Firemans Fair is this weekend which I really want to go to. Can’t beat a cake wheel, face painting (courtesy of my mother-in-law, Lee!) and fireworks!! I might be a little achy afterwards but it’ll be well worth it.

Then on Sunday, Lee & Jim are hosting a Terrace Party! After so many years, they finally have a BEAUTIFUL terrace and they’re inviting over family and some friends to celebrate!! It’s also a chance for them to get everyone to help them move their hot tub and a brick slab (for the grill). It’s going to be tons of fun for sure though.

After that, I’m doing a BIG party on the 20th! I really don’t know how it got so big but it’s going to be big! Michelle is visiting for Hannah’s baptism on the 21st and she’s going to see my house for the FIRST time and stay over on the 20th!!! I’m so super excited! It’ll also give me the chance to congratulate her in person on her engagement AND their new house! YAYA!! Grandma really wants to see my place but she doesn’t want to sleep over so Peter and I told her we’re more than willing to drive her back. We know she’s been wanting to see our house for a while now so this is a good opportunity.

Other than those plans, it’s Hannah’s baptism, a weekend to clean up after everything and then Baltimore, MD for the Grand Prix! So super excited for that and really can’t wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment