Tuesday, September 8, 2009

So this weekend surely was eventful. I saw my best friend (and Maid of Honor) on Friday to look at bridesmaid dresses with my mom and my sister. It wasn't really a relaxing weekend but it was a lot of fun and worth going down to Long Island to see family and friends.

So yes, back to bridesmaid dresses. Done? Check. They are picked out, purchased and my girls and I are waiting for them to come in! This dress compliments all body styles and types and the color choices they had for it was just perfect. I cannot be any happier with the choice of dress and the color! I hope that my bridesmaids will also use the dress in the future. While purchasing these dresses, we managed to find a very pretty veil as well as a super cute flower girl dress. Now all we need are accessories: shoes, hair pins (etc), hair designs and jewelry. Though, I might have the jewelry down for all my bridesmaids but that's something to come...

In addition to all that, the engagement party was on Sunday! Even though we were missing some family members (on both sides), I think it was a great party overall. It really was nice seeing family and friends gathering to celebrate our happiness and engagement. We truly were happy and blessed to be surrounded by so many people that celebrate and support our relationship. I was so excited to see everyone, I didn't get a piece of cake. I will have to make sure that DOES NOT happen on the day of the wedding. In fact, I will make it a mission for the wedding day that I eat every meal, savor it, and hover over the Viennese Table for the full hour we have it for. Otherwise, all of this dieting will be in vain, right? Gotta gain back some of that weight! Peter was very happy to see everyone as well. So the next step? Thank you cards.

Peter and I were really excited about the gifts. All the gifts were awesome-even the ones not on the registries! Though, we loved them all. Until we have time to unpack them and a proper place to put them (we're looking into some buffets), we have kept them in the boxes and they are currently sitting in my guest bedroom. We're actually thinking of taking part of my parents set. We want the cabinets that have the hutches on top so that we can display the Lenox pieces we just got. And then on the other side of the room, we'd like a proper buffet table to hold all of the plates we're hoping to get off of the registry. We don't quite like the cabinet (without the hutch) at my parent's place but we might take it and put it somewhere because it's in good condition and heck, it's free!

Another thing-seems like Otto and especially Momoko were a hit this weekend. Momoko was an angel till she pooped on the carpet cover. They were fun though and are still pooped! They didn't wake me up this morning until my alarm went off! That's quite a surprise because Momo loves to wake me up at 5:30 just to see if she could get fed a little earlier. I'm glad everyone loved them-they're just so much fun!!

I'm going to keep this post short since I'm still catching up on work. In general, I had a lot of fun this weekend and I'm so happy to get together with family and friends. I can't wait for the wedding!!!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment